Monday, September 17, 2012

Chiropractic Lessons Learned from a Daschund



I had an epiphany this morning.  I thought for years one of my dogs, a Daschund name Nathan, commonly called a wiener dog, was trying to kill me.  As we are the two males in our house, one of us was going to be the Alpha male, and obviously he wanted it to be him.  He would always run under my feet while I was on the stairs, attempting to get me to fall to my death.  

Tighten Your Core Muscles Before Bending Over

This morning I released he is only trying to maime me.  I bent over to pet him, and all of a sudden my back started to tighten up. It was that moment I released his diabolical plan.  Frequently, patients will come into the office as their backs "went out" feeding their dog, tying their shoes, reaching for the shampoo, but what is the common factor:  they do these things first thing in the morning.  Now I'm not going to tell you not to do these things, as they still have to be done, but proceed with more caution.  If possible try to get warmed up, get your blood flowing in the morning, definitely try to remember to tighten up your core muscles if you are going to bend over or lift anything.  But most importantly, remember that Daschund have a Napoleon Complex and want to rule the world.

Cramer Chiropractic Rehab maintains an active presence on many popular search and social media websites. Select your favorite website below to stay connected or review us.

      google_plus_1.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment