Monday, October 22, 2012

Chiropractor is a Non-Invasive Way to Help People Naturally



In the early 1990's I made a decision that I wanted to be a Doctor of Chiropractic, and help people in a positive way naturally, without the use of drugs or surgery.  I could not be happier with my decision.  Every day I get to help people using my hands as my primary instrument of care, it is a blessing.

All Over the News Currently is the Reports of People at Risk of Meningitis - 13,000 People According to the CDC

All over the news currently is the reports of people at risk of meningitis, 13,000 people according to the CDC, who received injections of a steroid.  There is now 105 cases over 23 states linked to this one drug, including five in Maryland and 23 in Virginia, each with a death.  This type of injection is often used to help treat lower back pain.  Now I'm not saying never to get this type of treatment, I have recommended to patients in the past that this might be an appropriate next step for them, but I do feel that this should not be the first thing done for a patient in pain.  This current fungal form of meningitis is a brain infection that requires months of intravenous antibiotics to cure.  And unlike other types of meningitis the symptoms can appear gradually.  Including sensitivity to light, stiff neck, weakness, numbness, and slurred speech.  None of that sounds too fun.

Chiropractic is the Safe and Natural Approach to the Care of a Patient 

There is a time and place for drugs in the care of a patient with back pain, but I think taking a natural safe approach to the care of a patient is a logic decision, and that is exactly what Chiropractic care is, safe and natural.    

Cramer Chiropractic Rehab maintains an active presence on many popular search and social media websites. Select your favorite website below to stay connected or review us.

       
                                             google_plus_1.png 


No comments:

Post a Comment